PraeLegal Afghanistan Sports & Entertainment Law Practice Group understands the challenges and legal needs facing professionals in the sports, entertainment, and recreational arena. We provide 360° representation ranging from business formation and protection of intellectual property rights to contract negotiation, litigation, and estate planning to a broad range of clients.
Within the entertainment industry, the PraeLegal Afghanistan professionals have considerable experience:
- Negotiating and drafting a wide range of agreements, including sponsorship, content licensing, film and television production, distribution, recording, music publishing, rights of publicity, live performance, talent agreements, personal management, talent and screenplay option and purchase agreements;
- Counseling clients regarding the structuring of partnerships, joint ventures and co-productions, entertainment venue leases and licenses, union and guild agreement compliance, child talent contracts, rights acquisitions and related due diligence and rights clearances for entertainment properties (motion pictures, television programs, video games, software, books, music and websites); and
- Counseling clients involved in the provision of entertainment content via emerging digital media technologies, such as online retailers of digital music, motion pictures, videogames and other audiovisual content.
In the field of sports, the PraeLegal Afghanistan professionals have substantial experience:
- Assisting and advising professional sports organizations with the securing of financing, corporate structuring, tax, regulatory compliance, intellectual property and labor and employment law matters;
- Negotiating and drafting tournament and player agreements and personal management agreements;
- Assisting athletes and sports organizations in protecting, enforcing and monetizing their intellectual property and publicity rights, developing and expanding their brand identities, and negotiating and drafting of employment, personal services, endorsement, sponsorship and licensing agreements; and
- Assisting clients in the litigation of disputes involving trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, trade dress, defamation and contracts, among other relevant areas of law, in state and federal courts in the U.S., in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and abroad.
- Our attorneys also work in conjunction with attorneys from other practice groups to provide a full array of related legal services to our sports and entertainment clients including, for example, assisting clients with securing financing and investors, securities regulations, tax and estate planning, protection and management of assets, and litigation of issues including rights of privacy, rights of publicity, defamation and first amendment free speech rights.
Our Entertainment and Sports Group is dedicated to providing uniquely tailored and practical counseling that permits the client to maximize the value of their particular ideas, talents and skills. If you would like further information about the Entertainment and Sports Group and how we can better assist you, please contact Prae Legal.